The scope of work on this home comprised the renovation of a large 1840 Greek Revival farmhouse and carriage house and the design of a significant rear extension. This new wing, styled as an additional carriage house, echoes both the scale and volume of the original main house.
The original building was fully gutted, and its floor plan and staircase system were reorganized. This allowed for the creation of a more open feeling and indoor-outdoor living opportunities. These include a swimming pool, an alfresco entertaining area, and a side porch overlooking the lawns, with Sheriff’s Meadow and the ocean in the distance.
New interior spaces include third-floor bedrooms and bathrooms, which were created by adding dormers to former attic space, as well as an elaborate entertaining, billiard, and bar area on the lower level. The reimagined and expanded house stands in marked contrast to what it once was, now boasting exquisite finishes and easy flow throughout.